Scholarships available include:
- scholarships valued at $30,000 each for study in any discipline
- scholarships valued at $30,000 each for courses in the Faculty of Science and Faculty of Engineering only.
These scholarships will be paid as a study stipend of up to $5,000 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for up to three years ($10,000 per year).
- scholarships valued at $10,000 each for study in any discipline.
This scholarship will be paid as a study stipend of $2,500 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the first four semesters of your course ($5,000 per year).
Other benefits may include:
- early access to research opportunities
- membership to QUT’s College of Excellence.
As part of QUT’s commitment to Women in STEM, we will offer at least 50% of QUT Excellence Scholarships in STEM to eligible female students.
Successful recipients from our Faculty of Science and Faculty of Engineering who achieve a grade point average (GPA) of 6 or above in their first semester will be invited to apply for a place in the Science and Engineering Dean’s Scholars Program from Semester 2, 2024.
You must be one of:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent resident
- the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- an international student.
You must also:
- be graduating Year 12 in 2023 and achieving an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or an International Baccalaureate (IB) or;
- have graduated Year 12 in 2022 and achieved an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or an International Baccalaureate (IB)
- be starting university for the first time in 2024
- have achieved a minimum unadjusted ATAR of 98 or equivalent to be considered for the scholarship, noting it is a competitive process and not all applicants on 98 and above will be made an offer
- have placed QUT as your first preference on your QTAC application
- receive a QUT offer in your first preference.
Note: These are the only qualifications that will be considered for this scholarship.